The network aims to support the collaboration of scholars working on Ukrainian with our colleagues, both those who have stayed in Ukraine as well as those who have relocated to other countries. We envision a heterogenous network with a central node here at Jena university as well as a further node in L'viv, with which we are conducting a DAAD-funded teaching projectExternal link aimed at Ukrainian students of (digital) philology. Further more, and extending beyond this core, we want to provide a platform for scholars interested in the interdisciplinary study of Ukrainian that extends beyond traditional frameworks to sociolinguistic and computational approaches.
Areas of collaboration include shared publications, seminars, guest lectures, research projects and collaborative grant proposals. Forms of collaboration will change as the situation in Ukraine will develop and colleagues will be able to return to their home institutions.
The following people and institutions are in some way affiliated with the network at this stage:
- Ukrainian Catholic UniversityExternal link with Dr. Vasyl Starko as a main partner
- Lviv Polytechnical National UniversityExternal link with Dr. Oksana Taran as a main partner
- National Technical University "Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute"External link with Dr. Olha Kanishcheva & Dr. Nadiia Babkova as the main partners
- National University of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy (NaUKMA))External link with Dr. Liudmyla Dyka as a main partner
- Ivan Franko National University of LvivExternal link with Prof. Dr. Solomiya Buk as a main partner
- Friedrich Schiller University Jena de & Aleksander-Brückner-Center Jena-HalleExternal link with Prof. Dr. Ruprecht von Waldenfels and Dr. Mariia Shvedova as the main partners
- Albert Ludwig University of FreiburgExternal link with Prof. Dr. Achim Rabus and his team as the main partners